Counseling Cross Racially and Cross Culturally
A Workshop on Cultural Diversity for Therapists
Ready to expand your knowledge of race and improve your multi-cultural skills in the therapeutic relationship? This workshop series is designed to help Vermont therapists learn how to discuss race among themselves and their clients of color. Participants will learn about the stages of racial identity for all, and showcase the importance for developing an educated approach to the racial differences in the therapeutic relationship, and discuss how to bridge these skills into practice.
Participants will be able to:
- Improve their understanding of multi-cultural skills in the therapeutic relationship
- Understand how the racial identity models are applicable to the development of a White/Black therapeutic relationship
- Increase their awareness of racial privilege, institutional discrimination, and systemic racism
- Improve multi-cultural, racial, diversity awareness, attitudes, knowledge and skills
- Enhance their racial/ethnic identity development
January 22nd & 23rd
This training is a live training and will be held virtually over Zoom. Participants will engage in education and group activities. Due to the sensitive nature of the training the presentation has been split between two days.
Please click the button below to register and pay for the workshop. Limit: 10 participants per session. *Please be sure to include your preferred email address so workshop collateral can be sent prior to the start date.
$199 with 6 CEUs awarded upon completion
$150 with no CEUs awarded
*CEUs approved by VT OPR for VT licensed mental health professionals
*Cancellation Policy: Unfortunately due to the limited number of spots, a full refund will be given up to 30 days prior to the start of the first module. After that no refund will be given unless your spot can be filled by someone on the waiting list. If your spot can be filled, a full refund minus a $75 processing fee will be given.. Please be sure you are able to attend the workshop and review your order prior to submitting.
Additional consultations are available by appointment.
Connect with Amanda Colón by Email