Online Counseling for Women and Teen Girls in Vermont
I have a traditional therapy practice in Williston, Vermont. While it is easy for me to sit and wait for women to show up for their appointments, I realize there are many barriers to being able to attend therapy. Online therapy is an approach that has been used for years by Veterans Affairs to provide services and has been found to be as effective, in many cases, as traditional office therapy. Here are some of the barriers in Vermont:
- Time: Let’s face it. We live in Vermont. We drive to appointments, to the grocery store, to visit family friends and sometimes we drive a significant distance. Taking time out of work schedules, family schedules, or not having childcare.
- Access to Providers: Depending on where you live you may not have access to a counselor to support you in meeting your goals.
- Fear Someone is Going to See You: Attending therapy is a private choice and doesn’t need to come with the fear that everyone in the community will find out.
My goal is to help you eliminate these barriers in order for all Women and Teen Girls in Vermont to have access to the benefits of counseling.
How Does Online Counseling In Vermont Work?
I use a HIPPA compliant secure video system to make the hard work of therapy convenient and confidential. You will need to have access to good internet, private space, and a smartphone or tablet/laptop/computer. I am a Licensed Social Worker in the State of Vermont and I am able to provide services for Women and Teen Girls that reside in the state. Additionally, I am able to bill most major insurance companies for Telehealth therapy similarly as if you were coming to the office.
Why should I choose Online Counseling?
- Enjoy the benefits of therapy without any of the hassles of going into a traditional office.
- Be comfortable. Find your favorite spot at your house, wear your pajama pants, and have your fur baby sleeping next to you as you join your counseling session from your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Eliminate Your Fear. Counseling is done face to face through secure video sessions. You get real time support that is tailored to support you with meeting your goals.
If you would like to learn more about online therapy and are nervous before you begin your first session: know that as we work together I will create a warm, friendly, and safe environment to support you in working on your goals. I encourage you to schedule a free 15 minute consultation with me, so we can use the technology together. At that time, I am able to address any concerns or questions you have for online therapy.
Is Online Counseling available for everyone?
Online counseling is not for everyone. Rachel Totten, MSW, LICSW, LADC provides services to those individuals living in the state of Vermont. Client’s must be 18 years or older to participate or have legal guardian consent. Individuals that live with serious mental health disorders, such as: Schizophrenia, Bi-polar, Depression with psychotic features, and suicide attempts may not be necessarily appropriate for online counseling. Individuals with active addiction or substance abuse would not be appropriate for online therapy until a period of recovery and stability is achieved.